6 Things to Do If Your House Floods
6 Things To Do If Your House Floods
Flooding for homeowners can be devastating and dangerous. The important thing is to keep calm and focus on safety first. Knowing what to do can make the disaster less scary, and lessen the repair and clean-up.
- Turn Off The Water! If the flooding is caused by something in your home and not by nature, quickly turn off the main water valve to the house. Knowing where the water valve is on your house to prepare for emergency flooding is important.
- Turn Off The Electricity! Once the water has been stopped, go to the fuse box and shut off all electricity. If the fuse box can only be reached by walking through the flooding and water, call an electrician.
- Evacuate Your Home! If your home experiences a sewage leak or burst pipe evacuate everyone. You may not have to go far, but removing your family from the house can keep them safe. If a natural disaster occurs, listen to the news and move everyone to a temporary shelter quickly.
- Call Insurance! Your house is damaged, and there is nothing to be done but make sure everyone in your family is safe and unhurt. Now is a great time to call your insurance and Restoration Service. Delta Restoration Services of the Wasatch Front is on call 24/7 to help get your families lives back on track. We will have our professionals there within 2 hours to help with the entire process from clean up, restoration, to the insurance process. For flood restoration or extraction service call Delta Restoration Services of the Wasatch Front. We serve all of Spanish Fork, Springville, Draper, Lehi, Provo, Orem, American Fork, and surrounding areas in Utah. For a full list of areas we serve along the Wasatch Front visit our website.
- Document The Entire Thing! Before cleaning up the mess use a phone or camera to take videos and photographs of the entire house. Make sure you are safe the entire time by not touching the water, and wearing the right gear before entering the house.
- Clean and Stop Mold From Forming! The items in your home need to be salvaged and cleaned. Throw out any food, and make sure your dishes are washed thoroughly before being used again. One of the biggest issues with flooding is the mold that can come afterwards. Dry and treat all problem areas in your home. Delta Restoration Services of the Wasatch Front takes care of any mold from a water leak or flooding. Our mold removal process is efficient, and will leave your home healthy and safe.